A great start to the year for Nudgee community groups
Seven not-for-profit community groups across the Nudgee electorate have received a head start in 2016 thanks to the Queensland Government’s latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund grants.
Member for Nudgee, Leanne Linard congratulated the seven community groups who, in round 86, will share in more than $177,000 in funding.
“I’m delighted to say that over the past year, the Queensland Government returned more than $53.3 million in gaming revenue to 2,392 community groups to do what they do best, which is support their local community,” Ms Linard said.
“Our not-for-profit organisations are the heart and soul of Nudgee – they give so much and the Gambling Community Benefit Fund is just one way we can help them continue their great work.”
Ms Linard said recipients in the Nudgee Electorate were:
- North Star Football Association to refurbish clubhouse $35,000;
- Norths St Joseph’s Junior Rugby League Football and Netball Club to upgrade facilities $35,000;
- Riding for Disabled Association of Queensland to construct a shed $31,818.18;
- Northgate State School to upgrade their playground $31,818.18;
- Nundah Activity Centre Inc to upgrade facilities $31,818.18;
- Brisbane Hockey Management Group to purchase goal boxes $7827.27;
- St John Ambulance Australia to purchase handheld radios and accessories $4513.51;
The next Gambling Community Benefit funding round opened on 20 January 2016 and will close at the end of February 2016. For more information visit www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants
Media Contact: Nudgee Electorate Office, Ph: 3638 7100